Refresher Decontamination Training Get Started
Refresher Decontamination Training
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that employees trained at the First Responder Operations Level receive annual Refresher Decontamination Training of sufficient content and duration to maintain their competencies, or shall demonstrate competency in those areas at least yearly. The hospital must document that refresher training was performed, or alternatively, keep a record of how the employee demonstrated competency.
DQE Refresher Decontamination Training is for Decon Team members previously trained by DQE and certified to the Operations Level to help them sustain skills, refresh their knowledge base, participate in a functional exercise, and meet OSHA requirements.
The Refresher Decontamination Training Program combines lecture, case studies, facilitated discussion, and hands-on skill training to educate and prepare attendees to respond appropriately to the many nuances associated with an emergency decontamination operation.
Duration: 8 hours
Class Size: 10 – 25
Class Location: On site at the client hospital
The Refresher Decontamination Training covers:
- Review of an Emergency Decontamination Operation (EDO) activation and termination procedures
- Appraisal of the various Decon Team positions and responsibilities with role playing opportunities
- Practical review of how to set up and safely utilize the decontamination area
- Demonstration on how to set up a decontamination corridor and the proper application of personal protective equipment
- Application of the incident command system to an EDO
- Facilitated decontamination exercise
- Use of DQE-On-Demand® internet-based decontamination training for sustaining the skills of your Decon Team throughout the year
DQE will assist the hospital in qualifying for continuing education credits and will provide all necessary documentation to certify attendees are in accordance with OSHA.