COVID-19 PPE Cleaning and Disinfecting Resources
The following resources provide guidance on the processes for cleaning and disinfecting protective garments and PAPRs in the event that they may have been exposed to COVID-19 and to ensure proper hygiene practices between uses.
- 3M Versaflo Respirator COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfecting – Contains considerations related to cleaning and disinfecting certain 3M powered air purifying respirators (PAPRs) after potential exposure to coronaviruses. While this document primarily applies to the 3M Versaflo PAPR Systems, it is also relevant to 3M Airmate and Breathe Easy PAPRs.
- 3M Technical Bulletin: COVID-19 Disease Outbreak – Contains links to 3M documents on General Respiratory Protection Information, Respirator Demonstration and Training Videos, and Fit Testing Resources.
- CDC: Cleaning & Disinfecting for Community Facilities – Interim Recommendations for U.S. Community Facilities with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- CDC: Decontamination and Reuse of Filtering Facepiece Respirators – Disposable filtering facepiece respirators (FFRs) are not approved for routine decontamination and reuse as standard of care. However, FFR decontamination and reuse may need to be considered as a crisis capacity strategy. This document summarizes research about decontamination of FFRs before reuse.
- DuPont Guidance on Cleaning Tychem Garments for COVID-19 – COVID-19 is a biological viral contaminate, therefore, causing surface contamination; consequently, the exterior of Tychem garments are able to be cleaned, disinfected and reused a limited number of times for COVID-19 applications.
- DuPont Safety & PPE Response to COVID-19 – Frequently asked questions and answers.
- DuPont Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Control – New information and resources from DuPont on COVID-19 as they become available.
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)—Fighting Products – Antimicrobial Pesticide products pre-approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for use against COVID-19.