Grants for Opioid-Response Initiatives
November 17, 2018/ Police One
The opioid epidemic continues to cripple communities across the United States. Rural, suburban, urban and tribal communities have all been affected by this drug overdose crisis.
If your agency does not have funding within its budget to cover much-needed equipment such as trace detection machines to safely identify the substance, Narcan kits to administer to those who have overdosed or data-sharing technology to document the problem in your area, here are several grant-funding options you should consider to cover these costs.
The following grants can help cover the costs of protecting yourself against narcotics exposure:
- Justice Assistance Grants (JAG)
- Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program
- Coverdell National Forensic Science Improvement Grant Program
- Opioid Affected Youth Initiative
- Community Facilities Direct Loan & Grant Program
- Innovative Prosecution Strategies
- Rural Communities Opioid Response Planning Initiative
- SAMHSA Tribal Opioid Response Grant